EndNote's "Find Full Text" utility will search for and find full text articles in PDF format and attach these PDFs to the corresponding references in your EndNote library, saving you countless hours of time were you to search, find and attach the files manually. Watch the video below to observe the process and then follow the instructions below the video to optimize your EndNote desktop product for this utility.
Optimize your EndNote Find Full Text utility for UC Libraries users
1. Select Edit from the EndNote menu bar, select “Preferences” and then select “Find Full Text.”
2. In the EndNote Preferences dialog box put a check in the following boxes: ISI Web of Knowledge…, DOI… and OpenURL. (See below.)
3. Put the following URL address (copy/paste will reduce errors) into the “OpenURL Path” box: http://aj2vr6xy7z.search.serialssolutions.com
(Note: replace any address that might already be in the “OpenURL Path” box.)
4. Under the expression “Authenticate with,” enter the following address in the URL box: http://login.proxy.libraries.uc.edu/login?url=
(Note: this 4th step is unnecessary if you always start the remote access VPN service before you invoke the Find Full Text command.)
5. Click on [OK] to save these settings.
University of Cincinnati Libraries
PO Box 210033 Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0033
Contact Us | Staff Directory