The Health Science Library (HSL) maintains computer labs, electronic classrooms, and testing labs on the main floor of the library (E005 MSB), E602 MSB, G005G MSB, CARE/Crawley G810, G815, G820, G870, G875, G880, and the small group study rooms on G level and the first floor of the MSB.
There are a total of 320 computers available in the public computer labs, electronic training rooms and computer-based testing labs. Computer models include:
Black and white prints cost $.07 per page and color prints cost $.54 per page. Students are charged for the pages they print, using their Bearcat Campus Card.
The wepa service was recommended by university-wide IT Governance, which includes students, faculty and staff, as a replacement for Uniprint. The wepa system includes a universal print queue, so you can print from wherever you are and pick up your prints from any wepa station on campus.
At the Academic Health Center, computers in the following locations operate on this system:
Digitze your stack of papers with one of the five Epson V200 Photo flat bed scanners in the E005 MSB computer lab.
Key supported software in the computer labs includes Windows 7, Windows 8 (G005G MSB), Microsoft Office 2010, Internet Explorer 9 and 10, Firefox, and SAS 9.2.
The future of wireless collaboration is here, with Airmedia! Connect seamlessly through the wireless network to begin sharing content from your portable device. Display Microsoft Office, iLife, PDF and photos from your personal iOS or Android mobile device, or Mac or PC laptop. Located in the G005 MSB computer lab.
1. Save the documents to a USB drive, or burn large files onto a CD.
2. E-mail the document to yourself to open on your own computer.
3. Read documents directly on the screen.
4. Print Preview web pages and other documents and print only the pages you need.
5. Snap a picture of library call numbers, phone numbers, or addresses.
6. Cut and paste into Notepad or Word only the information you need to print.
7. Collaborate. Share information with others in your project broup or class using Google Docs, a blog, a wiki, or a web page.
8. Print handouts in PowerPoint
9. Print two pages side by side on one page.
10. Duplex print (front and back sides of a page.
University of Cincinnati Libraries
PO Box 210033 Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0033