Take advantage of Reference Librarian expertise after graduation! Call the Reference Desk at 513-556-8078 with research questions and we'll be happy to help with suggestions for sources and tips. Also, don't forget the Library's Web page and many research guides.
- Reference hours when classes are not in session:
- Monday -- Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
- Reference hours when classes are in session:
- Monday -- Thursday 9:00am -- 7:00 PM
- Friday 9:00am -- 5:00pm
Alumni may use most electronic databases and e-journals on public computers anywhere in the Library. Due to license restrictions, we cannot offer access to Lexis Advance, Westlaw or WestlawNext (other than through the Westlaw Public Access terminal), or B-Law. Due to license restrictions, we also cannot offer off-campus access to databases to graduates.
Local alumni needing remote access to databases such as ALI-ABA Practical Lawyer, Aspen & LoisLaw treatises, Ebsco, HeinOnline, Fastcase, and CCH may want to become subscribers the the Hamilton County Law Library. The Hamilton County Law Library also provides on-site access to print resources, BNA, Ohio Capital Connection, Lexis, and Westlaw for its subscribers. You can see a complete list of their services and information on how to join at http://www.hamilton-co.org/cinlawlib/services.html.
Feedback on this Guide
- After you graduate, your UC ID (Bearcat Card) will allow you access to the building and the Law Library during the summer.
- Once your swipe card access ends, alumni visitors to the College of Law during regular business hours (8:00am -- 5:00pm) should enter through the Clifton Avenue doors.
- Visitors with ADA issues and all after-business-hours and weekend visitors must use the sliding glass doors at the back of the building. This service is only available during hours that the Law Library is open. See Library Hours for a schedule of open hours.
- Library accounts will expire in April 2014. Once your library account expires you will no longer have the ability to check out books unless you become a community borrower.
- Information on becoming a community borrower and borrowing privileges can be found at http://www.libraries.uc.edu/services/borrow.
- Carrels will be cleaned out May 22, 2013. Please make sure you retrieve any personal items and papers before this date.
- If you are interested in a carrel for summer bar study, please contact .
- Graduating law students may use Law Library Study Rooms to study for the bar.
- Access to study rooms for students taking the summer bar exam ends after the bar exam.
Email & Computing Services
The Law Library provides two photocopiers for public use. Both machines accept copy cards that are available for $1.00 through vending machines near the copiers. These cards reduce the per-copy cost to $.07. The cards are issued with a $.50 balance, and value may be added at any copier. Otherwise, copies are $.10 each, and the machines accept coins and one dollar and five dollar bills. The Library Circulation Desk does not have change. Our cards do not work in any other UC library, and cards from other UC libraries will not work in our copiers.
Microform readers and reader printers are available for patrons to use at no charge.
Notice: The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material; the person using library equipment is liable for any infringement.
Public Access Computers
The Law Library provides three computers for public patrons to use for searching UCLID, the University's online catalog, selected Law Library and University databases, or gaining Internet access to U.S. Federal Depository resources on the web. These computers are located in reading room areas on the library's 2nd and 3rd floors. An additional computer on the 3rd floor is available for Westlaw Public Access databases. Each public access computer has printing capability. Public patrons may also use these computers to access Lexis-Nexis or Westlaw databases, provided they have established personal accounts with these vendors.