University of Cincinnati’s Center for the Enhancement of Teaching & Learning, Langsam Library and Blue Ash College Library have created a SoTL research guide with the following resources:
- LITERATURE REVIEWS provides a general overview of literature reviews, including the difference between systematic and traditional literature reviews, and resources for additional information.
- FIND ARTICLES provides a link to Search Summon where you can find a known article using a citation, as well as a tutorial for how to do so. Additionally it includes links to several major databases that index articles about teaching and learning.
- FIND JOURNALS provides instructions for how to search for a specific journal online or in print format. It also includes links to multidisciplinary SoTL journals, as well as a directory of SoTL journals by discipline.
- FIND BOOKS provides a link to the UC Library Catalog, as well as suggestions for subject headings to use in catalog searches. It also contains a list of some of the books about conducting SoTL available in the UC library system.
- FIND ASSESSMENTS provides links to several major databases that index reviews and articles related to specific assessment measures, surveys, and questionnaires. It also includes links to selected print and electronic resources for designing or locating assessments.
- PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND CONFERENCES lists local, national, and international organizations and conferences.
- UC RESOURCES provides links to relevant UC units and resources.
- REFWORKS provides information and tutorials related to setting up and using RefWorks to create a personal database that manages citations and creates bibliographies in Microsoft Word.
- GET RESEARCH HELP provides contact information for UC librarians at the Clifton, Blue Ash, and Clermont campuses.
- CONTACT THE GUIDE OWNERS provides contact information for the librarians who manage this guide.