RET Research Guide: http://http://guides.libraries.uc.edu/ret
For this exercise, you will specify your thesis/project topic, find one book (print or e-book), three articles, and one conference paper that relate to this topic, and describe your literature research process in detail. Format your citations in a bibliography at the end of your exercise, using the ASCE citation format.
**Please turn in your exercise to Lora Buchanan on Wednesday, June 18, 2021**
1. List your Name and your Advisor's Name at the top of the document.
2. Select a thesis or project topic related to the research you are conducting. State the goal(s) and objectives of this thesis or research project topic, a brief description of the methodologies used (e.g., library sources and tools utilized); and a list of key words, key phrases, and other search techniques you used to find information.
4. Search a general database: Scopus or Compendex for information on your topic. Find one (1) or more journal articles relevant to your research. Use the UC Article Linker icon or search Full Text Journals by the journal's title for online access options, or check e-access in Google Scholar.
5. Search one or more specialized databases to find additional literature that relates to your research area. Locate at least two (2) journal articles and one (1) conference paper or review article.
Technology Collection (ProQuest)
5. Create a bibliography citing the the articles found, using the ASCE citation style format.
University of Cincinnati Libraries
PO Box 210033 Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0033